Monday, January 02, 2017

How I Spent the Last Day of 2016


Everyone, Happy New Year 🎇 I hope you celebrated the first day of 2017 well with your loved ones! I'm ecstatic to start a brand new year (with the ever same old me though), but I'd like to end my 2016 well anyway.

Thanks to my older sister, I was able to experience my first time going to a food festival. My family is not really the type that enjoys spending time in crowded places like this, we rarely go to any festivals. But since this Food Mega was held very near to where we live, we decided to have a go anyway. 


It wasn't that exciting though, probably because my little sister couldn't make it due to a fever and I'm not much of a foodie (even though I'm constantly munching on munchable things). The stalls were arranged in a huge circle, so we had to go around it. During the first round, my sister and I couldn't even decide what to eat. There were a lot of choices, but not much caught our attention, I guess?

The first thing that we tried was the banana milkshake (I forgot all the stall names though so... yeah). It was good! But then again, what can go wrong with banana, right? We tried the cheesy nachos thingy then, which was quite okay, and an ice cream sandwiched between two cookies! This one (it's in the picture above) was the best that I've eaten for that day, I wish I can have more. #COOKIESFTW ♡♡♡


Sadly, we only got home at night, so I couldn't get a picture with decent lighting. This, with the banana milkshake, cheesy nachos and ice cream sandwich were all the food that we got that day. If I'm a total foodie, I'd probably buy twice or thrice this amount.

Top (from left): Satar, Oreo Churros & Tteokbokki
Bottom (from left): Salmon Balls with Mashed Potatoes, Cocoa drink & Mushroom and Chicken Shaped Buns


I seriously adored the shape of these buns though, it's funny and quirky. The taste was good and they're really soft! I'm still intrigued on how they're able to come up with the details for the chicken shaped bun though, I'd love to know how they did it.

I've been craving for tteokbokkis lately, and I was so happy when I found it there. Sadly though, the taste wasn't as good.

Well, that's the end of my visit to Food Mega in Shah Alam though. I went shopping for some stationery and beauty products then.


Banana milk that I got from Food Mega, favourite Pilot pens, Catrice blusher, Catrice lipstick, Reader's digest, Staedtler Triplus Fineliner (Flora) pens, and my 2017 journal. Everything except the journal are newly bought. 

Hmm.

I really should start spending money wisely.



How did you spend the last day of your 2016?

Till next time ♡ Love, Aishah Humaira'

Post a Comment