Saturday, November 03, 2018

Drama Review: 100 Days My Prince


Drama: 100 Days My Prince (English title) / Hundred Days' Husband (literal title)
Revised romanization: Baekilui Nanggoonnim
Hangul: 백일의 낭군님
Director: Lee Jong-Jae
Writer: No Ji-Sul
Network: tvN
Episodes: 16
Release Date: September 10 - October 30, 2018
Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Lee Yool (Do Kyungsoo) is the Crown Prince, but he suddenly disappears. He comes back to the palace one hundred days later. What happened to the Crown Prince for the past one hundred days? Meanwhile, Hong-Sim (Nam Jihyun) is smart and runs the first private detective agency in Joseon.

My rating: 4.5/5 stars (★) 

When I first heard that Kyungsoo and Jihyun are going to be paired up in a historical drama, I was absolutely ecstatic! I love both of their acting, and I really looked forward to the chemistry that they're going to bring. And much to my expectation, they don't disappoint at all.

Just like any usual Korean drama, 100 Days My Prince did not run astray from the "main-characters-know-each-other-during-childhood-then-got-into-a-relationship-in-their-adulthood" concept, and though I normally dislike it, it was not that bad in this drama. It seems necessary, because without that essence, this drama might be slightly harder to be concluded. Not impossible, but I guess they need it in order to not lengthen it too much.

The character of the prince, Lee Yool (Do Kyungsoo), was very fun to watch. I believe that Kyungsoo did a wonderful job in bringing the character alive; his expressions are definitely gold! From a serious and solemn prince, Lee Yool learned that there are happiness when he gets tangled up with Hong-Sim. As for Hong-Sim (Nam Jihyun), there's nothing not to adore about her. She's definitely not your typical damsel; pretty much all over the place but she's strong and smart enough to fight for what she thinks is right. When Lee-Yool and Hong-Sim get tangled, it's hard not to love their interaction. 

I think I enjoyed this drama mostly due to the interactions between Lee Yool and Hong-Sim (the bickers are the most fun to watch, and oh, they had a very beautiful first kiss too), but at the same time, the villagers are all very amusing too. The plot is still about ministers running for the king's throne, yet it is unique in its own way. The drama does have serious issues in it, but they managed to insert a lot of comedic moments without making it ridiculous. I especially loved how the story ended, because in a way, you can make up your own conclusion of how Lee Yool and Hong-Sim found their own happiness. It's safe to say that 100 Days My Prince is one of the best dramas of 2018!

Image result for 100 days my prince gif

Till next time ♡ Love, Aishah Humaira'

Post a Comment