Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Book Review: Snowglobe by Amy Wilson


Title: Snowglobe
Author: Amy Wilson
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Genres: Childrens, Fantasy
Format: Paperback
Publication Date: October 18th, 2018
Pages: 271

Synopsis (Goodreads): When daydreamer Clementine discovers a mysterious house standing in the middle of town that was never there before, she is pulled towards it by the powerful sense of a mother she never knew. The place is full of snowglobes, swirling with stars and snow and each containing a trapped magician, watched over by Gan, the bitter keeper of the house. One of these is Dylan, a boy who teases her in the real world but who is now desperate for her help.

So Clem ventures into the snowglobes, rescuing Dylan and discovering her own powerful connection to the magic of these thousand worlds. Vowing to release the magicians from the control of their enchantments, Clem unknowingly unleashes a struggle for power that will not only put her family, but the future of magic itself in danger.

;

My rating: 4 / 5 ★

Throughout my whole life, I have always find snowglobes to be a very magical thing. If I ever step inside any shops that sell snowglobes, you can definitely find me shaking all the snowglobes and staring in awe at the snow storms swirling inside the delicate glass orbs. That is the reason why I was so excited when I was offered the chance to review Snowglobe by Amy Wilson before it's published date! The synopsis was enough to let me know that I will definitely fall in love with the book.

Snowglobe tells a story about young Clementine who struggles with her magical powers, simply because she has no one to teach her about it. The only person that could have done it would be her mother, but she was no longer around since she was a toddler. The only remaining family she has left is her father, but he possesses no magic. She then happens to find a large house that seemed to pop out of nowhere and inside it she finds it to be full of snowglobes—which also contain trapped magicians. Somehow, she finds a boy that she recognises and upon trying to save him, the magical world threatens to destroy them instead.

To be honest, I might have misunderstood the book at first. I initially thought the story would be in the young adult section and that when the main female character saves the male character, love would bloom. Alas, I realised after I already dived into the story that Snowglobe is actually under children's literature and the love that is highlighted in it is mainly family love. There is nothing wrong with it though, the misunderstanding did not affect any of my feelings for this book.

It was slightly difficult for me to get into the story in the beginning because it has been so long since the last time I read any children's literature. But it took me no time to warm up with Clementine. Her headstrong character that is also brave and kindhearted is easily loved, and I found myself constantly anticipating her next actions. Despite her father's pleads for her to stop giving in to her true powers, she fought for what she think is rightfully hers. I am sure that if I have read this book when I was younger, I would have idolised Clementine.

There are so many good elements being part of this wonderful story. Family love and friendship would be the biggest part of it. The friendship that blooms between Clementine and Dylan warms me up, and I'm actually glad the story focuses only on them being friends. The bond and trust for each other that they created during the times they are trapped in the snowglobes are just delightful. Aside from that, there is also the element of forgiving others and accepting oneself as who they are. I believe that Snowglobe will be able to teach so many goodness to young readers.

And not to forget the magical snowglobes present in the story. Each snowglobe has its own kind of uniqueness and character, making the whole idea of snowglobes more enthralling. It makes me keep on getting curious as to what kind of world that Clementine and Dylan will find as they jump to the next snowglobe.

Overall, the whole world building and plotline of Snowglobe are so full of magical elements and wonder. I cannot help but be moved by its warmth as it is filled with so much emotions.

Thank you Pansing for providing me with this review copy. Snowglobe by Amy Wilson will soon be available in all good bookstores, starting from the 18th of October, 2018. If you're a person that is very fond of magical stories, this is just the right book for you. It is a children's literature, but I believe that anyone can read it and love it as much as I do.


;

“Never in a thousand years could I have imagined a place like this. It isn't just the way it looks; it's the way it breathes. The air moves, it sings with the song of a thousand worlds: with snowglobes, each one churned up as if it's just been shaken.”

Till next time ♡ Love, Aishah Humaira'



Resources:

PSD Colouring (base) - psd #168 by wildfireresources

Fonts -

Post a Comment