Monday, September 04, 2017

Movie Review: A Street Cat Named Bob (2016)


A Street Cat Named Bob (2016): Based on the international best selling book. The true feel good story of how James Bowen, a busker and recovering drug addict, had his life transformed when he met a stray ginger cat.

My rating: 5/5 stars (★)

I lied, I'm rating this one 11/10 !!! I swear this is one of the most beautiful story, and it was so wonderful as it is a true story. I always find close relationship between a person with an animal a very beautiful thing. Especially when it comes to the one that are hard to tame or trained. We often see people with amazingly trained dogs, but we rarely get to see trained felines.

And it just added to my wonder about the fact that Bob is an actual street cat, he was not trained at all when he arrived in James' house. I was absolutely in awe throughout the whole movie, I was impressed by a cat actually acting, and I was utterly amazed that Bob is such a brilliant cat. The whole story is so beautiful and inspiring, I think I might re-watch it again any time.

Bob is obviously my favourite character, but I appreciate Val and Betty too, for helping James to recover. Other than the relationship between a man and his cat, Val and Betty both showed that just by supporting him, James will learn to recover all by himself. I think the world needs more people like Val and Betty. 

It pains me to see the hurtful things James experienced because they were all true, all of them happened in real life. People view homeless and drug addicts in a very negative way, and I admit that I do too. But after watching this movie, I believe that not everyone is the same. Some people just end up the way they were because of some bad circumstances, but that didn't mean they don't want to change. All they need is good support, and in some cases, a love like Bob gave to James.

A must watch for everyone, especially if you need something inspiring.



Till next time ♡ Love, Aishah Humaira'

2 comments

  1. I just watched the trailer and im totally going to watch this movie after this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! You'll definitely love it :')

      Delete